Friday 10 August 2007

London!

We're back in London!..Beijing was great fun, but when we arrived at Heathrow to blue skies & could see further than 500m, Beijing's pollution problems really struck home. Even the air being pushed down the platform by the oncoming train at Holborn station smelled like we were in the Scottish Highlands. The other strangely indulgent thing I did as soon as arriving was to drink from the tap....sometimes it's the simple things.

As exciting as it is being back in London, 2 days here has immediately brought home the shocking realisation that the mighty Aussie dollar isn't going to last too long; and so the job hunt begins. Hopefully before too long I'll get a chance to wear that suit I've been carrying around since day 1 in Bangkok 6 weeks ago.

2 comments:

SkyeF said...

Try not to get lazy now with the blog like I did when I got back :) It's been great travelling along with you from my oh so comfy office chair

The Rittie's said...

Don't forget to polish up on your Eastern European languages.Nothing worse than the locals not understanding you.