Tuesday 22 April 2008

A time and a place for everything

"Is that somebody's lunch?" she said, but little did she know,
that quietly, stealthily, at the back of the lift,
my mate had let one go.

He gave me a nudge & when I saw him smirk,
I knew what was in store.
If it hadn't been so crowded I would've lain down on the floor.

Like dominoes falling, the awareness spreads,
but noone says a word.
On the way to level 1, but we're only on the 23rd.

So why'd he do it? Why indeed?
But the answer I already knew..
If I'd done that with such effect, I'd feel quite proud too.

We live in a world of terrorists, tearing the world apart,
but detectors or a body search will never find a fart;
and at that moment, in that lift, when Kev launched his attack,
I was absolutely certain, it was worse than sarin gas.

So as we hit the bottom floor, and everyone poured out,
Kev stayed back for a second more & then when he came out,
I told him "mate - that was wrong, there were a dozen people inside".
But in reply, in a trance like state, he said "yeah - that was quite a ride"

Then I knew, that it was I who was wrong,
and it's not that he didn't care.
quite the opposite, and as Mallory said :
He did it because it was there.

No comments: